This grilled Mexican street corn is one of my very favorite summer dishes. I absolutely love how it’s bursting with flavor and is also super easy and quick to make. This is a ten minute meal with the biggest payoff that you can get!
I just mix up my mayo and Mexicana crema, crumble the Cotija and chop up some cilantro. Then I grill the corn, turning it a few times for about five minutes, put everything together and we are ready to party! I actually make this for my summer BBQ’s and parties quite often and everyone loves it, its a huge crowd pleaser and I personally make it at least once a week during grilling season. Yum!
Grilled Mexican Street Corn
Grilled corn with Cotija cheese and chili spice
- grill or grill pan
- 5 ears corn husked
- 1 cup Cotija cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Mexicana Crema
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- Husk your corn if you need to.
- While the grill is preheating crumble the Cotija cheese and in a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise with the Mexicana crema.
- Finely chop the cilantro and cut your lime into wedges.
- Grill the corn for about five minutes turning it several times to get it cooked evenly.
- Brush the mayo and Mexicana crema mix on each corn then generously cover all around with the Cotija cheese. Sprinkle with chili powder evenly and depending on the spice level you like and then sprinkle with cilantro. Finish off with a lime.
Sometimes instead of chili powder and lime wedges I just use the Trader Joe's chili&lime seasoning. It's perfect for this.